Friday, May 2, 2014

Thinking about Mother's Day

I've been thinking about Mother's Day a lot lately. I know that lingering on it won't do anything to help but when I take time to sit down it's always there in the back of my head.

I've always dreamed of having a mom charm on my Pandora bracelet. I know this seems petty but it's just wanted those little things I associated with the joy of one day having a baby. It hurts a lot to know that this probably won't happen for me. I want people in my life to think of it and do it but I don't want to have to ask them. I think this comes down to my need to be validated as a mother – to not have to defend it.

One day, I will have a hugely celebrated Mother's Day. I'll have a baby in my arms, cards, my charm, and all those little things society has made so important to me

No comments:

Post a Comment